Post-Conference Education Webinar Series
Building on the new learnings of the IFA 14th Global Conference on Ageing, and leading up to the 2020 conference, a series of webinars on the most popular and/or emerging sub-themes within the framework of addressing inequalities, age-friendly environments, combating ageism and toward healthy ageing will be convened.
The IFA will host twelve webinars in 2019, divided into four learning programs representing the IFA2018/2020 Conference themes.
Webinar 1: Human Rights of Older Persons and Agenda 2030
- Ken Bluestone, Head of Policy and Influencing, Age International
- Erica Dhar, Director of Global Alliances, AARP
- Cynthia Stuen, IFA Representative at the United Nations in New York
- Frances Zainoeddin, IFA Representative at the United Nations in New York
Webinar 2: Combating ageism to improve access to employment
Webinar 3: Campaigning: The best way to address ageism?
Webinar 4: What is the role for public policy and technology in increasing immunisation uptake across the life course?
Webinar 5: 20/20 Ageing: A Life Course Approach to Vision Health
- Ms Louise Gillis – President, Canadian Council of the Blind
- Mr Thomas Simpson – Head, Public Affairs and Central Lead, Advocacy at Canadian National Institute for the Blind
- Moderated by Mr Greg Shaw – Director, International and Corporate Relations, International Federation on Ageing
Webinar 6: Cognitive reserve: Promoting healthy cognitive ageing
- Dr Yaakov Stern – Professor of Neuropsychology, Columbia University
- Moderated by Dr Jane Barratt – Secretary General, International Federation on Ageing
(July, August, September)
(October, November, December)
Please contact Ms Hannah Girdler to be placed on the mailing list for further updates regarding the Post Conference Webinar Series.