The global diabetes epidemic has tripled since 2000, to some 430 million persons worldwide, and is expected to exceed 600 million by 2045. Two-thirds of persons with diabetes develop diabetic retinopathy (DR) and one-third develop sight-threatening DR over twenty years. The RetinaRisk app is a unique and novel risk calculator that allows persons living with diabetes to assess and monitor their individualized risk of developing sight-threatening DR based on their risk profile.
- Solihull man makes huge splash for Muscular Dystrophy UK
- California firefighter who lost home in fire surprised with $10,000
- Vaccines4Life joins World Health Organization’s Vaccine Safety Net
- 98-Year-old D-Day Veteran Recreates Photo With Belgian Boy Who Befriended Him During WWII
- A Polar Bear Was Killing A Woman, Until This Hero Attacked It With A Shovel