The global diabetes epidemic has tripled since 2000, to some 430 million persons worldwide, and is expected to exceed 600 million by 2045. Two-thirds of persons with diabetes develop diabetic retinopathy (DR) and one-third develop sight-threatening DR over twenty years. The RetinaRisk app is a unique and novel risk calculator that allows persons living with diabetes to assess and monitor their individualized risk of developing sight-threatening DR based on their risk profile.
- From gold rings to ‘this thingy,’ Moncton senior earns $65K in online auction
- Community Pulls Together to Restore House so 94-Year-old WWII Vet Can Go Home
- Protecting Progress of Vaccination Throughout Life
- Watch Arizona Woman Frantically Pounding on Door to Save Family From Fire Just Before Roof Collapses
- When Pastor’s Bike Was Stolen, His Response Was to Start a Free Bicycle Repair Service for People in Need