The global diabetes epidemic has tripled since 2000, to some 430 million persons worldwide, and is expected to exceed 600 million by 2045. Two-thirds of persons with diabetes develop diabetic retinopathy (DR) and one-third develop sight-threatening DR over twenty years. The RetinaRisk app is a unique and novel risk calculator that allows persons living with diabetes to assess and monitor their individualized risk of developing sight-threatening DR based on their risk profile.
- This writing group has pushed on through lockdown and published – The Big Swit’CH – stories in large print format
- An 85-year-old great-grandad is trekking 1,000-miles around Addlestone park for charity
- 91-year-old woman stays busy by doing fashion shows during quarantine
- Coronavirus pandemic in the EU – Fundamental rights implications: with a focus on older people
- Tune in and work out: Older adults see success with virtual fitness