The global diabetes epidemic has tripled since 2000, to some 430 million persons worldwide, and is expected to exceed 600 million by 2045. Two-thirds of persons with diabetes develop diabetic retinopathy (DR) and one-third develop sight-threatening DR over twenty years. The RetinaRisk app is a unique and novel risk calculator that allows persons living with diabetes to assess and monitor their individualized risk of developing sight-threatening DR based on their risk profile.
- “Unacceptable” – UN expert urges better protection of older persons facing the highest risk of the COVID-19 pandemic
- COVID-19 and Violence Against Women: What the Health Sector/System Can Do
- UNFPA Technical Brief – COVID-19: A Gender Lens
- UN Global Humanitarian Response Plan COVID-19
- Commonwealth Concern for the Needs of Older People