The global diabetes epidemic has tripled since 2000, to some 430 million persons worldwide, and is expected to exceed 600 million by 2045. Two-thirds of persons with diabetes develop diabetic retinopathy (DR) and one-third develop sight-threatening DR over twenty years. The RetinaRisk app is a unique and novel risk calculator that allows persons living with diabetes to assess and monitor their individualized risk of developing sight-threatening DR based on their risk profile.
- Episode 4: Prioritizing coordination of care in global health systems across the life-course
- Career opportunities – Secretary General
- Age-friendly Environments ECHO Mentorship Program
- Pay your homage to Kawaldip Sehmi on his online memorial
- Launch of the World Health Organization’s World Rehabilitation Alliance