- General Consultative Status at the United Nations – ECOSOC (Economic and Social Council)
IFA UN Representatives
- New York: Ms. Helen R. Hamlin, Dr. Cynthia Stuen, Ms. Frances Zainoeddin, Ms. Valerie Levy, Mr. James C. O’Neal, and Ms Sandra Timmermann
- Geneva: Dr. Kelly Fitzgerald, Dr Xenia Sheil-Adlung
- Vienna: Dr. Jacqueline Stark
- Official Relations with the World Health Organization.
- Operational Status with UNESCO (Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization).
- Second Category Consultative Status with ILO ( International Labour Organization).
- Consultative Status with Council of Europe in the European Union.
- Representation at UNESCAP (Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific)
- Member of the Stakeholder Group on Ageing
- Member of the Global Alliance for the Rights of Older Persons