While the world currently focuses on the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, it is important to note that delayed immunizations for older adults against debilitating and life-threatening diseases, such as influenza and pneumonia, can result in an even greater global threat to health.
This World Immunization Week (WIW), from 24 – 30 April 2020, IFA needs your voice. It is during these unprecedented times that we must share the voices of champions advocating for improved disease-prevention strategies to protect those most at-risk.
To launch the Vaccines4Life website, IFA is requesting the submission of a short video response to the two questions listed below. Please keep responses to each question to a maximum of 15 seconds. Afterwards, IFA will create compilation videos of these responses, to be featured on the new Vaccines4Life website, and shared through social media during WIW.
1. What have you learned from the COVID-19 pandemic?
Despite the countless challenges associated with the COVID-19 pandemic, many lessons have already been learned. What knowledge have you and/or your organization gained from the pandemic?
This compilation video will be used to mobilize knowledge of the important insights gained from COVID-19 that can be used moving forward in different contexts.
2. Vaccines work for all because…
It is during these times of economic and social stress that older people come to the forefront. Why is it also important for stakeholders to acknowledge that #VaccinesWork for all ages? Within your video, please state and complete the sentence “Vaccines work for all because…”
It is IFA’s hope that these messages reach a wide variety of stakeholders, including government, NGOs, academics, civil society, and older people, to raise awareness of the importance of a life course approach to vaccination.
Video Submission Details
- Please ensure the answer to each question is no longer than 15 seconds in length. IFA will insert your name and organization along with your section of the video.
- Please email your video to Megan Acton (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Tuesday April 14, 2020.
- Do not worry about formalities! A quick video using the “selfie” function on a mobile phone is completely acceptable.