Webinar Announcement: Use of medicines by the elderly – The role of pharmacy in promoting adherence
Population ageing and the consequent increase in the number of people taking multiple medicines for long-term conditions create a need for the development of targeted services to improve care at the community level and quality of life. Enabling people to live a longer and better life should be the overarching goal of every health system. Health professionals, patients and the broader community must work together to achieve this goal.
This webinar is jointly organized by the International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP) and the International Federation on Ageing (IFA). It will show the important role that pharmacy can play in this area and it will present the recent FIP report after which the webinar is named. International best practices around improving adherence and providing care to older adults will be highlighted, especially in polymedicated elderly patients. The webinar will include a discussion part and the opportunity for questions from the attendees.
- Professor Parisa Aslani, Professor, Medicines Use Optimisation, The University of Sydney (co-author of the report)
- Dr Jane Barratt, Secretary General, International Federation on Ageing
- Dr Catherine Duggan, CEO, International Pharmaceutical Federation
This webinar may be especially interesting for:
- Pharmacists and their professional organizations
- Organizations in health care
- Decision-makers and technical officers in health authorities
- Patient organisations
- Colleagues in other health care professions
Two dates, two different times, the same webinar: