Founded in November 2012 by the Endocrinology & Metabolism Research Institute (EMRI), The Elderly Health Research Center is proactively involved in the elderly health. It leads some ageing research and educational programs to improve the well-being of older adults. The center is now considered as a nationally renowned leading organization in the field. It works in close collaboration with Kahrizak Charity Foundation. The centre’s mission is to:
- Support and conduct basic and clinical research in the fields of aging, geriatric, and gerontology as well as genetic, biological, clinical, behavioral, economic and social aspects of aging; and
- Produce information about aging and share the fruits of the research carried out with health care professionals and the public.
The Elderly Health Research Centers’ programs are:
- Education and support of the Iranian elderly population in health and other relevant issues;
- Initiation and forging joint projects with international and domestic research centers working on common fields of interest;
- Development of data banks and statistics for authorities and policy makers; and
- Provision of training for researchers working in elderly-health related subjects.
For more information about these projects please visit the website.