UN IDOP Side Event: End Immunisation Inequality Toward Healthy Ageing
The 2019 United Nations International Day of Older Persons (UN IDOP) theme “the journey to age equality” focuses on pathways of coping with existing and preventing future old age inequality. The theme will explore levers to cope with demographic and other societal and structural change and to shift the narrative of “old age”.
In celebration of UN IDOP, the IFA aims to bring together international professionals to discuss the critical importance of a life-course approach to immunisation as part of the universal health care agenda. Special attention to the social and economic consequences of influenza and the protective effects of immunisation will be explored.
Side Event Agenda
- Lunch, provided outside of event space (Conference Room 11 at 12:30PM)
- Welcome and Greetings, H.E. Ambassador Dr Toshiya Hoshino (Deputy Permanent Representative of Japan to the UN)
- Opening Remarks: Ms Nasly Bernal Prado (Chair of the Group of Friends of Older Persons)
- Panellists: Dr Justin Ortiz (University of Maryland School of Medicine), Mr Costin Radu Ganescu (Coalition of Patient’s Organisations with Chronic Diseases), Prof JP Sevilla (Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health)
- Closing Remarks: Ms Amal Rafeh (Chief Programme on Ageing Unit, United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs)
- Final Thoughts: Dr Jane Barratt (Secretary General, International Federation on Ageing)
Please arrive early to this event at the UN Visitor’s Entrance (405 E 42nd Street) to acquire security clearance.
*Registration to this event is mandatory
*Government-issued photo ID with the exact name as indicated on the registration form is required for admission
*A printed ticket is required for access to lunch