Introducing the IFA Post-Conference Education Webinar Series
Throughout 2019 the IFA will host twelve webinars, divided into four learning programs representing the IFA2018/2020 Conference themes.
- January – March 2019: Combating Ageism
- April – June 2019: Toward Health Ageing
- July – September 2019: Age-Friendly Environments
- October – December 2019: Addressing Inequalities
Combating Ageism is the first theme that the webinar series will address. Discrimination against individuals based on their age has serious consequences on many aspects of an older person’s life, such as health, wellbeing, employment, housing and access to social and care systems.
Human Rights of Older Persons and Agenda 2030 is the first webinar in the series and will address key areas for implementation of the Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) that ensures it fulfils its mandate for older persons.
The webinar is scheduled for Tuesday 29 January 2019, 12:00 – 1:00pm EST and will be presented by:
- Ken Bluestone, Head of Policy and Influencing, Age International
- Erica Dhar, Director of Global Alliances, AARP
- Cynthia Stuen, IFA Representative at the United Nations in New York
- Frances Zainoeddin, IFA Representative at the United Nations in New York
Please contact Ms Hannah Girdler to be placed on the mailing list for further updates regarding the Post-Conference Webinar Series.